Sunday, March 03, 2013

Wave Function

Just a quick post to show that I've been able to get my problems with the Print O' The Wave Stole fixed. Jeff and I stretched it out for a thorough inspection. No holes this time!

Yesterday, I finished knitting the two sides and this morning I completed the grafting. I hit a snag where I came up with an uneven number of stitches during the grafting process, but ungrafted about a dozen or so stitches and found the problem. I purposely grafted very loosely, and then snugged up the grafting across the piece stitch by stitch to match the tension of the two sides. You can still tell where the grafting is since it's the only 3 rows of stockinette in a field of lace, but it's as smooth a transition as I can manage.

First I need to weave in some ends, and then pick up stitches around the edge. I did some math, and I'll have to pick up 7 stitches in every 12-row pattern repeat, plus two more somewhere along each edge. And I can look forward to unzipping those pink crochet chains soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment