Sunday, January 08, 2017
It's styled on the slim side, which I'm not always, so do be aware of that. The sleeves cling a bit, which I'm not used to, but find I don't really mind. I added 1.25 inches to the body length and might have done well to add even another inch. I also added an inch or so to the sleeves, and they're just right. A person commented on Ravelry that all the modeling shots show the sleeves pushed up, so it's hard to get an idea of how long the sleeves actually are on a person. Long ago it was pointed out to me that it's important to note what's not showing in the photographs. Do none of them show the back? Is the model always hunched over in a funny way? I'm not saying that's going on here, but I, too, noted the sleeve position. Since may arms tend toward Charlotte Greenwood proportions, I have a habit of adding a bit of length to sleeves in patterns. That's not always worked in the past, but this time it was a good call.
I steam-blocked the pieces as I went along, although I think I might still wet-block this before I wear it. I got the gauge called for and all the pieces fit. I just need a tad more roominess for this to be perfect. I'm thinking it'll be good to get back to campus tomorrow and away from holiday snacking.
Oh, and I should mention -- looking at these pictures, this last one is the most true to the actual color.
So happy to have this done. Here's hoping the cold snap of the last week wasn't our entire winter. I need more chances to wear this before the heat creeps back. And please, everyone -- have a wonderful new year with lots of knitting and coziness!