I've literally turned the corner on this stole. The hole is fixed, the pieces re-grafted, the yarnover setup edge finished, and I've completed one short edge, plus a corner of the knitted-on edging.
I love how knitted-on edging works. But I couldn't figure out how to start. I'd forgotten that one has to work clockwise around the work, in the opposite direction of usual in-the-round knitting, in order for the edging and the body to be joined on the backside of the work. When I got started with the edging, I just stared and stared, wondering why everything seemed backwards. Then it just came to me in a flash. Thank goodness. I've completed 11 of the 73 repeats of the 16-row edging. Although that sounds daunting, I'm actually quite pleased that I've gotten as far as I have. But still a long, long way to go.
The college is on spring break this week, so I'm hoping I'll have lots of time to make more progress. But I'm also playing bachelor for a few days while Jeff is out of town, so I have a few more responsibilities around the house than I normally do. I've managed to maintain a certain level of civility and haven't devolved into a caveman yet. Smooth sailing, so far. Just ask Pona.