While digging around through my purposely scanty yarn stash, I found some blue-green alpaca lace-weight yarn that I got in a yarn swap a few years ago. It’s just been sitting around, waiting for inspiration. I didn’t have anything else immediately lined up, and since I’ve got a few lace projects under my belt now I thought I might be ready to tackle this. My previous projects have not been in lace-weight yarn, however, and this is turning out to be a whole new ball of wax.
First of all, those stitches with the big open holes are really slippery! I tried to do this on a pair of regular Addi Turbo circulars I already had, but had to go get a pair of pointier, less slippery lace needles. Things are better now, but I still feel like I’m on shaky ground. Yarnovers keep jumping the markers, and I have to carefully count between each one as I go. And I’m not getting a rhythm to the pattern. I’m still tied to staring at it, which is a bit tiring. Still, when I spread it out it looks about right.
I’ve done 3 of the 17 repeats for just one side. This is going take a bit longer than I originally thought.