It’s been a while since I’ve posted, but then, I haven’t gotten much knitting done in the past few weeks. When it comes to extracurricular activities, I’m either reading or knitting. I hit a perfect storm of books that came up on my request list at the public library, so I needed to do a lot of reading in a short amount of time. I’m caught up, though; you can see what I’ve been up to literarily in the sidebar. So I’m back to knitting.
I’ve managed to finish both sleeves, and now I’m in the sewing phase. I’ve sewn up the shoulder seams. The number of stitches didn’t match on the two sides, but I made do. I was tired of reading the sleeve cap instructions and wondering whether I was getting them right. They might be a bit off, but they are at least symmetrical. There was no way I was going to re-do them.
This morning, I sewed up one of the sleeves. I need to sew up the other one and then attach the sleeves to the body. So far, it seems that the fit is going to be good. I’m looking forward to knitting the button band and collar, which is knit in a long strip along 15 stitches. I think I’m going to try and see if I can remember how to knit backwards so I don’t have to do a lot of sliding stitches and needle flipping.