This past weekend I did manage to reach a milestone on the Honey Baby blanket, though. I've finished all the charts, and all I've left to do is the edging. I got a big chunk of the blanket finished while knitting with friends Saturday morning. My buddy Jene took this great photo with her what she refers to as her "smarty pants phone." It was chilly enough that morning that I got to wear my Hillhead Pullover for much of the time, although it did warm up and I had to pull it off. You can see it folded up on the chair to my right. And to my left, the light lavender blob that is the blanket.
The edging is knitted separately and then knit together to the still-live edge stitches, of which there are over 800 right now. So dozens of stitches of edging for each of those 800. A milestone, yes, but I wouldn't exactly say the end is in sight. I've read through the edging instructions a couple of times, but I'm still not sure I've got it. I'm going to take another stab at it this evening with fresh eyes. I'm sure that once it clicks I'll be off and running. But so far, no clicking.